Appointment Information

To make an appointment, please call (281) 937-4133 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form. If you must cancel an appointment for any reason, please give us at least 24 hours advance notice.

Thrive Family Counseling is a practice dedicated to providing every client with comprehensive mental and emotional wellness care at an affordable price. We accept the following methods of payment:

Payment Types Accepted

We happily accept cash, check, debit, credit, and FSA/HSA Cards. In addition, we accept a list of insurance providers as outlined below:

Network Payers

  • BCBS
  • United Health Care (Optum)

When you schedule your first appointment with Thrive Family Counseling, we will review your benefits to determine whether you are in/out of network and what your coverage may be. However, quote of eligibility and benefits is not a guarantee of payment by your insurance. To best determine what your health coverage will be, please contact your insurance company directly and they can let you know what you will be paying out of pocket.

Coinsurance – A certain percent you must pay each benefit period after you have paid your deductible. This payment is for covered services only. You may still have to pay a copay in addition to the co-insurance. Example: Your plan might cover 80 percent of your medical bill. You will have to pay the other 20 percent. The 20 percent is the coinsurance.

Copayment (Copay) – The amount you pay to a healthcare provider at the time you receive services. You may have to pay a copay for each covered visit to your doctor, depending on your plan. Not all plans have a copay.

Deductible – The amount you pay for your healthcare services before your health insurer pays. Deductibles are based on your benefit period (typically a year at a time). Learn about deductibles here. Example: If your plan has a $2,000 annual deductible, you will be expected to pay the first $2,000 toward your healthcare services. After you reach $2,000, your health insurer will cover the rest of the costs.

FSA (Flexible Spending Account)/ HSA (Health Spending Account) – An FSA is often set up through an employer plan while an HSA is often set up by an individual. These types of accounts let you set aside pre-tax money for common medical costs and dependent care. FSA funds must be used by the end of the term-year. It will be sent back to the employer if you don’t use it. Check with your employer’s Human Resources team. They can provide a list of FSA-qualified costs that you can purchase directly or be reimbursed for. A few common FSA-qualified costs include:

  • Copays for doctors’ visits, chiropractor and psychological sessions
  • Hospital fees, medical tests, and services (like X-rays and screenings)
  • Physical rehabilitation
  • Dental and orthodontic expenses (like cleaning, fillings, and braces)
  • Inpatient treatment for alcohol or drug addiction
  • Vaccines (immunizations) and flu shots

Network Provider/In-network Provider – A healthcare provider who is part of a plan’s network.

Non-network Provider/Out-of-network Provider – A healthcare provider who is not part of a plan’s network. Costs associated with out-of-network providers may be higher or not covered by your plan. Consult your plan for more information..

Out-of-pocket Cost – Cost you must pay. Out-of-pocket costs vary by plan and each plan has a maximum out of pocket (MOOP) cost. Consult your plan for more information.

If you do not have one of the above-listed insurance providers, we can provide you with an “Insurance Super Bill” that provides your insurance company all the information to apply for reimbursement. Your insurance company would decide how much would be reimbursable or applied to your deductible.

For additional questions about payment options, please call us at (281) 937-4133. We’re ready to answer all your questions.